It is always disappointing to see your tattoo losing its vibrance and color. Tattoo fading is not rare, but there are many ways to prevent tattoos from fading or prolong the lifespan of your tattoos.
All tattoo artists agree that hydrating your skin after getting a tattoo is crucial for keeping it nice and shiny. Protecting it from the sun comes right after, as well as a healthy diet and reasonable weight.
If you were wondering how to take care of your tattoo and keep it colored, we are here to help. These are the best products to keep tattoos from fading.
Keeping your skin moisturized is one of the first pieces of advice about preventing tattoo fading you will get from your tattoo artist. You should make sure to apply lotions every day. That is how your skin won’t be flaky, itchy, and most importantly your tattoos won’t lose their color and vibrance.
After Inked moisturizer is enriched with grape seed oil, perfect for hydrating your skin and preserving the color of your tattoos. The ingredients are vegan, cruelty-free. Meaning, no sticky petroleum that transfers to your clothes.
- It is good for both new tattoos and old ones.
- The formula consistency is perfect for day and night use.
- The product can be used for permanent makeup as well - lips, brows, and eyeliner.
- The packaging is small yet very expensive.
- Synthetic beeswax creates a film on the skin, so if you put more than one layer there can be some sticky and flaky residue.
This healing treatment has olive oil in it, it is great for summer due to its quick absorption features. Panthenol promotes quicker healing still, this product will brighten the color of your old tattoos as well.
- The lotion prevents itching and promotes the color of your tattoos all at once.
- It is suitable for all skin types, especially for the dry ones, since it won’t leave a greasy residue.
- You only need to apply thin layers a few times a day.
- It contains soybean oil, so if you are allergic to it, you should avoid this product.
- If you don’t mix the bottle it can come out a bit watery.
Vibrancy serum is a kind of protection for your tattoos that prevent fading and promotes healthier skin. It contains amino acids that are excellent in brightening tattoos and exfoliating dull-looking ones.
You should apply it overnight. It is suitable for all skin types and can be combined with other Stories & Ink products.
- It leaves skin soft and silky with no greasy residue.
- It smells incredible while also maintaining the color of the tattoo.
- The product soothes down the skin, makes tattoos heal faster.
- Some customers claim it was too thin and runny.
- For some, the smell is too strong.
Oils are enriched with many ingredients that keep our skin healthy-looking and hydrated.
Using oil as a product for preventing tattoo fading is something not many people do. It won’t leave your skin oily. On the contrary, you will shortly notice how soft and shiny both skin and tattoos are after applying some oil. The oils are some of the best products to keep your tattoo from fading.
Kiwi Glow is a daily oily moisturizer that is made with organic, all-natural ingredients. Brand says that each bottle of this oil is hand-blended, with so much attention and love.
The main ingredients are organic sesame oil, lime, eucalyptus, and vetiver. The formula is a lightweight yet very powerful blend of these ingredients that leave your skin soft and your tattoos moisturized.
- It is suitable for all stages of tattoos.
- The product is filled with antioxidants, vitamins A, E, and B complex.
- Tattoos look vibrant and healthy.
- For some, the nutty smell this product has can be a bit irritating.
The Ink Oil keeps your skin moisturized, hydrated, and healed faster. It claims to prevent redness, swelling and bleeding after getting your tattoo. You can apply it up to three times a day until the tattoo is healed.
Essential oils, coconut, grapeseed, and lavender oil should reduce itching, scrabbing, and keep tattoo colors vibrant.
- Cruelty-free ingredients, as well as the packaging.
- It comes in a spray bottle, so it is easy to apply.
- It is suitable even for sensitive skin.
- The smell could be too strong for some.
- Essential oils can cause skin reactions, so be careful.
One of the biggest tattoo enemies is the sun. UV rays can make your tattoo fade quicker, even faster than you think. Always wear sunscreen, regardless of the season and weather. These are the best ones for those with tattoos.
LRP Anthelios is melt-in sunscreen that leaves your skin velvety, hydrated, and smooth. Most importantly, you will be protected from UV rays. It is recommended for both face and body and is suitable for all skin types.
- Oxybenzone and octinoxate-free, paraben, and fragrance-free formula.
- Cell-ox shield technology provides broad-spectrum protection.
- Can leave a greasy film.
- Expensive for the SPF.
This unique formula keeps your tattoos from fading. The non-comedogenic, water-resistant formula is perfect for all skin types. The product is infused with premium hemp seed, which is enriched with Omega-3, Omega-6, and vitamins A, B, D, and E.
- Easy-to-use stick application that can be applied anywhere you go.
- The product is cruelty-free certified.
- It hydrates and brightens the colors of your tattoos.
- It’s a quality product, but quite expensive since the package is small.
- Sometimes could cause small skin breakouts after applying the sunscreen.
Balms and Creams
Balms and creams are for those that need that little extra care for their skin. These balms and creams are some of the best products to keep tattoos from fading, and we have gathered them for you.
This glow salve pomade will make your tattoo colors pop out. It keeps the shine of new tattoos as well as enhancing the old ones. One of the main ingredients is beeswax and it helps moisturize your skin, while other anti-inflammatory ingredients reduce redness, swelling, and bleeding.
- The product works well on both new and old tattoos.
- It is safe for use, without petroleum that can possibly clog the pores.
- Some customers say the product is not long-lasting.
- The formula might be a bit more greasy and can possibly leave traces on the wardrobe.
If you are looking for luxurious tattoo care, then Hustle Butter Deluxe is definitely for you. This balm is great for both old and new tattoos, it reduces redness, doesn’t create a petroleum film on the skin, and has many other benefits.
- The product is clinically tested and certified as cruelty-free.
- The main ingredients are shea butter, mango, aloe butter, sunflower, rice bran oils, with traces of papaya and coconut.
- It has a natural smell and the power of moisturizing your itchy skin.
- Some customers complained about their skin breakouts and red bumps on the skin after applying the product.