What better excuse to buy more dark liquid lipsticks than fall? With all the apple cider, pumpkin spiced lattes, and hot cocoa you’ll be sipping, you’ll need a liquid lipstick to keep your lip color in place throughout all of those warm beverages.
How To Use Liquid Lipstick Properly?
Never used liquid lipstick before? Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Since liquid lipsticks are meant to stay on for hours, you’ll want to do a little prep beforehand to make sure your lips don’t get totally dried out.
- Gently exfoliate with a washcloth or sugar scrub so that you don’t get any dry flakes that will come off or that you’ll be tempted to bite. Then, moisturize your lips with your most hydrating lip balm. Be sure to let it sink in before you put on your liquid lipstick, else the lipstick may transfer.
- Next, shake the tube. It’s always a good idea to shake it up a bit just in case some of the pigment has settled.
- Then, if you want, use a lip liner in a similar shade before applying your liquid lipstick. The pencil format of a lip liner is a lot easier to maneuver than the doe-foot applicator of most liquid lipsticks, and it can even make your liquid lipsticks even more long-lasting.
- For better control, use your first swipe of liquid lipstick to cover the biggest areas of your lips. Then, when you have less product on the applicator, you’ll be able to outline your lips with more control and precision.
- If you make a mistake, clean up with makeup remover or a bit of concealer. To remove entirely, use a makeup wipe or an oil-based makeup remover or cleanser. You can even use straight-up oil to remove tough-to-budge liquid lipsticks. Jojoba oil is gentle yet will do the trick.
Now that you know the ins and outs of liquid lipstick application, check out these diverse shades!
Dark Liquid Lipsticks To Keep An Eye On
1. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Blackberry Sorbet
As it turns out, Sephora's very own house brand makes an amazing liquid lipstick. The line comes in 14 colors, including an electric pink and a true purple, but this beautiful berry color is perfect for autumn.
2. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Tulle
Unlike the Ultra Satins, the Ultra Mattes are not going to transfer onto your food or drink. In turn, they may be slightly dryer, so be sure to moisturize well before applying.
This unique color is a dark mauve and it is one of ColourPop's best-selling shades. The gorgeous mixture of pink and brown makes it almost a burgundy shade. If you have a deeper skin tone, it could be a beautiful nude.
3. ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in LAX
4. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Lolita II
After many requests, Kat Von D finally released her coveted liquid lipstick in both "Lolita" shades and they've been extremely popular ever since. They both fall somewhere along the nude spectrum.
Lolita (the original) is a soft, earthy pink, and Lolita II is described as a "terracotta nude."
These lipsticks dry quickly so you won't have to worry about it smudging everywhere. You can even layer them without them getting overly tacky!
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Trust Issues
Go really bold this fall with this deep, wine-colored liquid lipstick. It's the ultimate vampy lip.
This matte lipstick is super pigmented and comes with an easy-to-apply applicator. The formula is creamy and lightweight.
Dramatic on lighter skin tones, gorgeous on darker skin tones.
6. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso
Not really dark, but no fall lipstick list would be complete without including a classic red lip. Channel your inner Hollywood bombshell with this vibrant true red. Pair it with a leopard print cardigan or a faux-fur coat and you'll be giving a cool vintage feel to fall.
Stila's liquid lipstick formula will last you during a meal, a night out, or a long day of work without touch-ups.