Having a nice outfit paired with your designer bags and expensive shoes can best be completed by simply wearing accessories. Rings, bracelets, necklaces and wrist watches are some of the accessories that can instantly add life to your daily outfit. Accessories come in all forms, shapes, and colors. You just need to choose which one suits your attire and perhaps personality as well.
Learning how to accessories can do wonders to your daily outfit. Imagine a plain tee top with a necklace with vibrant colors can easily make your outfit look more interesting. Accessories like necklace can instantly turn a boring outfit into an interesting one. A necklace is a favorite piece to many because they come in different styles.
Although necklaces are readily available in the market, creating your own design is also possible. It’s easy to fall to the accessories being sold almost everywhere because it is not time-consuming. Creating your own accessories will help you express your personality. There are many sources of DIY idea including the internet and magazines. Different blogs and websites and even mobile applications have many DIY Necklace Idea.
The good thing about DIY necklaces is that they are easy to make. Step by step instructions can be found online or in the magazines to help you to create a beautiful piece. Another benefit of DIY Necklaces is that it saves you money. You can make new necklaces using old materials that you already have. All you need is your creativity to come up with a good design. Another good thing about DIY necklaces is that you can sell it to your friends or give it to them as a gift. There is nothing more meaningful than a personally made necklace. DIY Necklaces is also helpful to the environment. Instead of throwing old necklace chains, you can just clean and re-use them. Instead of adding up to a pile of garbage, materials are being recycled, thus helping to save our mother nature.
So how do we start doing DIY Necklaces? First is to gather the materials. Check your accessories and decide which materials will be good to use in creating new necklaces. The second step is to unleash the artist in you. Doing your own necklaces is an art. You just need an inspiration and creativity. Browse through the internet and read different books and magazines that focus on DIY accessories. Below are some of the DIY Necklace Idea that you can try.
1. DIY Quartz Necklace
Quartz and gold will help you achieve a chic look. It looks good with a tube top or other tops with a low neckline so as to highlight the quartz. You can use this necklace for work and even for formal occasions like weddings or prom.
-1 strand of quartz nugget beads
-1 claw clasp
-small jump rings
-medium jump rings
-gold beading wire
1. Cut the beading wire and make a loop on one end. This will prevent the beads from falling out from the metal wire.
2. Insert the quartz into the wire
3. Close the other end by creating another loop that is the same size the first one that you made
4. Attach the smaller jump ring to one end of the quartz
5. Use the medium jump ring to connect the smaller ring to the chain
6. Attached the medium jump ring to the lobster claw
Thanks to thechicsite.com
2. DIY Woven Chain Necklace
Woven chain necklaces are fun to include in your outfit. There are so many different colors to choose from depending on your fashion taste. You can use a woven necklace over a nice dress to create a laid back look.
-Gold chain in your preferred length
-Embroidery thread in your favorite color
1. Create your thread bundles preferably 15-20 strands per bundle and should be at least 2 times the length of your chain
2. Cross the thread on the left over the right and gently pull from underneath
3. Continue the process until all the chains are covered
Thanks to helloglow.co
3. DIY Diamond Shaped Necklace
There is a saying that diamonds are a girl’s best friend. But not anyone can have the chance to have a real diamond in their lifetime. So the best way is to improvise. This necklace is recommended for teenagers and those who are young at heart. It creates a bubbly and carefree look.
1. Draw a diamond outline on the piece of leather and cut your design using a pair of scissors
2. Using a marker, draw the inner lines of the diamond to make it more realistic
3. Cover with tape exposing one marked area at a time
4. Paint the exposed side and allow to dry
5. Remove the tape
6. Paint the entire diamond and make a tiny hole on top of the diamond pendant. Use a jump ring to attach the pendant to the chain
Thanks to ohthelovelythings.com
4. DIY Stone Wrapped Necklace
Using fancy stones for your necklace creates a fun and interesting personality. It is best to use over a plain shirt or blouse because the gems alone a fashion statement on its own. Stay away from printed materials because doing so will overdo your look.
1. Use an 8 inch plastic plate to make a perfect circle outline. Cut out the circle and cut out the center
2. Glue your stones to the canvas until you have filled up half of the circle
3. Wrap the metal wire around the stones. Continue until the whole thing have been wrapped up
4. Cut the ribbon into 2 equal parts and attach each ribbon at the back your wrapped necklace
Thanks to trinketsinbloom.com
5. Ombre Seed Bead Necklace
Beads are one of the accessories that have been used for so many years now. It is inexpensive and readily available on the market. Bead necklaces can be used over a plain blouse or shirt especially if you are using colorful beads. It makes you look fresh and young.
-Beads in light to dark shade
-Jump rings in different sizes
1. Cut the nylon about 20 inches long
2. Add the crimp bead and the jump ring. Loop the string over the jump ring.
3. Start stringing the beads starting from light colored to dark colored one. Make as many layers as you want
4. Use the smallest jump ring to attach the chain to one side of the necklace. Use the medium jump ring to the small piece of chain. Attach the lobster claw on the other end.
Thanks to fortheloveof.net
6. DIY Ombre Pistachio Necklace
Pistachio nuts are delicious! What’s good about it is you can convert the shells into a unique necklace. You can use it over a dress for that a-walk-in-the-park peg. This necklace looks very creative and is environment-friendly as well.
-Cleaned Pistachio shells
-A piece of cardboard
-Acrylic paint in any color
-Jump rings and lobster clasp
1. Cut the cardboard into semi-circle that would act as the base of your necklace
2. Attach the jump rings at the corners of the cut cardboard
3. Start painting the Pistachio shells. To create an Ombre look, make sure to include light and dark colors
4. Once completely dry apply a thin coat of decoupage medium to seal the paint and provide extra shine
5. Using your glue gun, put the Pistachio shells in the cardboard
Thanks to cremedelacraft.com
7. DIY Statement Necklace
Using beads and safety pins as a necklace pendant is a creative and unique idea. You can play with different bead colors to unleash the creativity in you. You can wear it over a plain top paired with a long bohemian-inspired skirt.
-Beads in any color
1. Prepare your beads and safety pins
2. Thread the beads into your safety pin. Continue threading until you have enough to create a necklace
4. Prepare your thread and insert into the hole of every safety pin
5. Continue threading
6. Use jump strings on both ends and continue to add jump rings until the ends of the necklace meets
Thanks to secretlyafashionista.blogspot.ro
8. DIY Geometric Tile Necklace
Colorful necklaces in different shapes can best be worn over a plain top or dress with minimal details. Vibrant colors can also symbolize a bubbly and interesting personality. Always choose colors that match your personality.
-12″x 12″ ceramic octagon shaped tiles
-9″x11″ stiff white felt
-Gold paint pen
1. Cut three big octagon tiles and four small diamond tiles. Use the Acrylic paint to color the tiles. Attached the tiles to the decorative ribbon. Alternate the diamond and hexagon tiles until all three hexagons and four diamonds are placed in the ribbon
2. Arrange the tiles on top of the stiff felt and make an outline using the marker and cut the prepared outline.
3. Glue the tiles to the outlined felt and trim any excess felt
Thanks to confettipop.com
9. DIY Feather Necklace
Feather pendants look very classy. Wearing one can easily create a vintage inspired look. Feathers, when wrap with colorful fabric scraps can create a more youthful outfit. This can best be worn over your favorite tank top and a colorful cardigan. It easily creates a sweet and demure image.
-Jump rings and clasp
1. Lay the feather template in the fabric scraps
2. Use your spray adhesive to cover the feather with the scraps and cut any excess fabrics
3. Attach your jump rings on both ends of the feather and attached it to the chain. Use the clasp at one end of the chain and another jump ring on the other end.
Thanks to rebekahgough.blogspot.ro
10. DIY Polymer Necklace
What’s good about polymer clay is you can mold it in different shapes and you can even mix it with other colors. Wear it over a tube or tank top to create an adventurous personality.
-Polymer clay in 2 different colors
-Jump rings and clasp
-Toothpick or needle
1. Roll the clay in between your hands until soft.
2. Place one color of Polymer clay over the other color. Pinch or kneed the clay until the colors have combined and they look like just one piece of clay.
3. Shaped the clay into triangles until you achieve the desired thickness. Use a toothpick or a needle to create a hole on both ends of the triangle.
4. Attached the jump string on each hole and attach it to the chain.
5. You may also create a triangle using just one color of polymer clay.
Thanks to creativeindexblog.com
11. DIY Leather Necklace with Cut Metals
Using leather chains create a sophisticated look. You can choose any shape of metal as your pendant. This necklace would look good with smart casual attire.
-Leather laces in any color
-Cut metals in your preferred shape
1. Create a girth hitch knot by passing the folded end of the leather lace through your cut metal shape and thread the other end of the leather lace through the loop and tighten it.
2. Do the same girth hitch know on the other end of the lace.
3. Join the metals cuts using jump rings.
4. Attached the jump ring to the string of metals you have created earlier.
5. Close the necklace by tying each pair of lace to the other pair using an overhand knot.
Thanks to fabricpaperglue.com
12. DIY Perched Harmonies Necklace
A simple DIY that is also inexpensive. This colorful necklace would look good with almost everything. Wear it on your plain tees, Sunday dress or even your office uniform.
1. Cut at least 3 inches from the thick wire. Hold one end of the wire and hammer it down until it is flat.
2. Make a hole on bothe ends of the hammered wire using an ice pick or anything with sharp ends.
3. String the beads using the thin wire. Wrap the end around one end of the hammered wire a couple of time until it is secure.
4. Attached the jump rings to both ends of the pendant and attach to the chain.
Thanks to quietlioncreations.com
13. DIY Faux Druzy Necklace
This necklace looks very organic and would look beautiful over clothing with very minimal designs. If your goal is to make a plain outfit stand out, then this is the perfect DIY necklace for you.
-Nail polish remover
1. Use the hammer to pound the glass. You may put the glass in Ziploc plastic bags to prevent injuries and to keep the hammered glass n place as well.
2. Put the hammered glass in the pendant tray and pour a layer of mod podge.Make sure to cover all the spaces. Let it dry
3. After it is completely dry, you can add another layer
4. Use a metallic base nail polish to paint the pendant
5. Now use your main color to paint the pendant and use your sponge to wipe off any excess paint
6. Use the jump ring to connect the pendant to the chain
Thanks to mintedstrawberry.blogspot.ro
14. DIY Neon Pyramid Necklace
Using straw as one of the materials of your pendant is a good way to recycle and save the environment. Plastic straws may look cheap and spraying it with a gold paint can make it look classy. It would look best with your plain tank top or loose shirt.
-Needle & thread
1. Spray the straw using the gold paint
2. Form the straw into triangles
3. Attach the colorful paper to the triangles using the glue
4. Connect the triangles using needle and thread
Thanks to cremedelacraft.com
15. DIY Penny Pasta Necklace
Using penny pasta as your pendant is a good way to show your creative and unique personality. Paint it with pastel colors to create a feminine look.
-Dry Penne pasta
1. Get 6 pieces of Penne pasta and use your favorite nail color to paint it. Allow to dry
2. Form 3-V shapes that sit on top of each other and connect the pasta using your glue gun
3. Attached the chain on outer V-shaped pasta
Thanks to dontmindifidoblog.blogspot.com
16. DIY Hama Beads Necklace
This colorful necklace reminds me of Lego pieces. It is very colorful and is perfect for those who are adventurous and is up for any challenges. Use it over plain blouses so that it stands out.
-Jump rings and clasp
1. Draw a pattern for your pendant using the watercolor
2. Fill the pattern with Hama beads
3. Continue until you finished covering the entire pattern
4. Put a white paper on top of the Hama beads and iron quickly
5. Using the metal rings, make a loop on both ends
6. Use the jump rings to connect the Hama beads pendant to the chain
Thanks to blog.modcloth.com
17. DIY Duct Tape Necklaces
Using duct tapes as pendants is a great way to show your funky side. Pair it with a gold necklace chain to add a classy look.
-Duct tapes in different colors
-Needle nose pliers
-Jump rings and clasp
1. Trim the edges
2. Get another color or design duct tape and place diagonally on the first duct tape
3. Fold the first duct tape ensuring that no bubble have been formed
4. Make a leaf design and cut it (you can create any design that you want)
5. Make a fringe design on the leaf pendant
6. Make a hole on top of the leaf and use the jump string to attach the pendant to the necklace
Thanks to cremedelacraft.com
18. DIY Button Barrel Necklace
Using buttons of different colors would make a cute DIY necklace. Wearing this necklace would bring out the youth and innocence in you. It represents a carefree but interesting personality.
This will look good with plain t-shirts since the pendant is already colorful.
1. Prepare your buttons and the metal wire
2. Using your pliers, bend one end to create a loop
3. String all your buttons into the metal wire in order of your preference
4. Make another loop at the other end to keep the buttons from falling
5. Connect the ends of the necklace on each eye hole that you have created
Thanks to adorablest.com
19. DIY Fringe Necklace
Fringe accessories are all part of the 70’s fashion. If you were not born during this time, then now is the best time to try wearing a fringe necklace. A casual outfit will look all dress up by just using a fringe DIY necklace.
-2 Jewelry pliers
-Piece of leather
1. Measure 3×8 inches on your leather and cut it. Lay the leather on the cutting board. Use your knife to create fringes and keep them at least 1/4 inch apart.
2. Cut about 8 inches of wire. Use the pliers to create a loop at the end and twist some wire towards the middle
3. Apply glue to the underside of the leather exposing only the loops on both ends
4. Use the jump rings to connect the eye hole into the necklace chain
Thanks to melissaesplin.com
20. DIY Button Necklace
Button necklaces covered in colorful fabrics is a trendy way to show your unique character. It is a simple DIY necklace that looks good with pretty much everything.
-Scrap of fabric
-Scissors and marker
-Pendant bail and jump rings
1. Place the fabric on the kit and cover it with the button
2. Push the button all the way down. Make sure that folds do not overlap
3. Put the back of the button and push until it clicks into its place
4. You now have a fabric-covered button
5. Use the pliers to remove the button shank
6. Cover the back of the button with podge with the use of a small brush
7. Put back the fabric on the button and let it dry
8. Using the glue, place the pendant bail to expose on the loop
9. Attached the jump ring to the loop and connect it to the chain
Thanks to verypurpleperson.com